Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!


A few weeks ago, Zack and I took the youth group to Night of Joy at Disney World. We got home around 3:30 am. And, since Zack has this insane ability to go days without sleep, and because I have this insane inability to say no to his crazy ideas, we got up the next day and headed to Gainesville with Omar, hoping to score some cheap tickets to the Gator game. The scalpers made us wait until about half way through the first quarter and after the gators had already scored before they would come down to a semi-reasonable price for 3 tickets (not even together!). It was my first time in the Swamp, and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. To say we had to look down on the nosebleed section would be an understatement, but we inched our way down closer to the field as people began to leave what turned out to be a pretty uneventful game. By the last five minutes, we were close enough to hear the cheerleaders and see Urban Meyer without binoculars. The Gators won, of course, though I was too busy taking pictures and texting everyone to tell them we got into the game to pay much attention to the game itself. Zack was seriously like a kid on Christmas morning. It's great to be a Florida Gator!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife is a trooper...I love you!



Powered By Blogger