Thursday, May 17, 2007

Nancy's Angel

So, I'm a medical secretary. I have also begun taking on many of the billing responsibilities at the office, as it is too much for our one biller to do alone. Our biller's name is Nancy. Now, Nancy works from her home in Spokane, Washington. She used to work at our office in Spring Hill, but moved away before I started working there. I talk to Nancy on the phone every day, sometimes several times a day for extended periods of time. She's hilarious. She's Italian. She's almost too honest. She walks both her dogs and her parents every day at different times, and she hates computers with a passion. She also hates kids, as she will readily tell you. She doesn't have any. Her husband is retired, and they were both in the military at one point. She's been stationed in Hong Kong, and often writes letters to her nephew in Italy, where she used to live. Her job stresses her out, and she's always talking about quitting. She doesn't vote because she thinks all politicians are crooks, and she has very strong opinions about the hypocrisy of the white house putting a Christmas tree in every room around December, saying that our tax money is paying that electric bill. Nancy is quite a character, and, up to this point, I have thought of her kind-of like Charlie from Charlie's Angels. This is for several reasons: 1. I like to picture myself as Farrah Faucet, 2. Although I have never seen Nancy, I get strict orders from her via the telephone every day on what I am to do and how I am to do it, and 3. I always thought I would be a good crime fighter. This week I told Nancy to send me a picture of herself. This is a very dangerous thing, as anyone who's seen a picture of their favorite radio personality can attest to. I know it sounds crazy, but she looks exactly like I pictured her. Now I feel inclined to send a picture of myself, which is not easy considering she told me last week that I was in a dream she had, and I was young and skinny. Oh well. Here you go, Nancy. This is actually a picture from my younger and skinnier days (hey, I didn't want to disappoint her!)--almost exactly a year and a half ago on my honeymoon in Colorado. And, as Nancy always says, "Ciao!"


Powered By Blogger