Friday, May 21, 2010

Just another day...

Today I found a snake in my laundry room/garage. A big one. I called Mr. Stoutimore at work to yell at him for not being home to catch it. I've been battling cockroaches and lizards all week, but snakes are where I draw the line. When he got home, he and the boys ravaged the garage, but to no avail. I have declared a state of emergency and a full-on laundry strike until the serpent is found and disposed of. Seriously.

In other news, I bought a new bird feeder. The squirrels literally DESTROYED the last one I bought. This time I bought "The Squirrel Stumper." We watched out the windows for hours as the squirrels ate the bird seed. They were not at all stumped. We banged on the windows, and eventually ran outside and sprayed them with the hose. This is when we met the snake for the first time...and it scared us pretty bad. I'm thinking one of the boys left the door open, and that's how the snake got inside the garage, but I can't be certain. But I can be certain that I almost peed myself the second time I almost stepped on it.

Today I finally decided that Bank of America is either the anti-Christ, or will in some large way usher in the coming of the anti-Christ. I'm not certain yet which. Yesterday I deposited some money into our overdrawn business account. They accidentally gave me back $10 extra. I was annoyed because I was in the drive-thru, in a hurry, and knew I was going to have to go inside to explain their error, and, knowing them, get blamed for their mistake. I considered keeping it for just a second, but didn't. Instead, I hauled my kids inside, waited in line while the boys acted like I'd given them crack, and told the lady that they had given me back an extra $10 in my transaction through the drive-thru. She spoke to the teller who had done the transaction, and came back to tell me I was wrong. I REALLY considered keeping the $10 at that point, but once again explained their mistake. The lady walks back to my teller, and I hear her explain the mistake to the teller. The teller loudly asks her to tell me how it was somehow my mistake. She comes back and made up some weird excuse that made no sense. I said, "Look, I'll keep the $10 if you want, I could really use the extra money." She said people don't usually write the amount of cash they want back...uh, you mean where the deposit slip says "less cash received"?? I'm pretty sure that's exactly where you're supposed to write the amount of cash you want back from the transaction... Finally, the teller came over, and I said, "Why does that even have anything to do with you giving me back $50 instead of $40?" She finally admitted it was her mistake, but...And I just said, "Yes, it was just a mistake, that's all you had to say." And took 2 lollipops for my boys who'd had to stand in line and wait while the morons at Bank of America tried to make me feel stupid for their mistake, and walked out. Next time, I'm keeping that $10. I've paid more interest and fees to that company for a lifetime supply of lollipops and a whole lot of $10 mistakes.  

Aaaand yet another disappointing Office episode tonight. It's kind-of sad to watch it slowly collapse on itself. Almost everything about it I onced loved is gone now. And that's just really sad to me. I was such a loyal supporter for so long. It's like I'm mad at it now, though. It's just become stupid, and I find myself rooting for it to fail. I loved it so much, and now it's such a huge disappointment to me that I'm kinda bitter about it.

Tomorrow morning, I'll meet a friend I haven't seen in over 5 years. The last time I saw her, I sang in her wedding and was a bridesmaid. We were best friends growing up. We went to elementary and middle school and junior college together, both on sports scholarships, took the same classes, rode to school together, hung out together, did homework together. It's funny how people drift apart, and then somehow find each other again. Both our sons will start kindergarten together next year at the same school. The same school we went to together all those years ago. I'm hopeful this will lead to a new old friendship.

I've been going through a rough patch lately. This week was a really hard one. And then, out of the blue, some good things happened too. Like, we got a couple of jobs for the business after a really long dry spell. We are now getting paid a little to do some work we've been volunteering to do for a while, which is really nice. And today my husband persuaded BofA (aka: the anti-Christ) to give us back some money they stole from us, and that usually never happens. Oh, and Mr. Stoutimore got his school schedule for next year, and it looks like he's going to be able to teach some honors classes (aka: not the kids whose excuse for not doing their math homework is that they had to meet with their parol officer). He's excited, and I'm happy for him. You gotta find the good things, and hold onto them. Sometimes they're few and far between, but all is not lost.

Well, I should go to bed. I have a long day tomorrow. Thanks for reading this very random post. :)

4 comments:

Jen DelRosario said...

It was so nice to see you today and meet those two beautiful boys! Hopefully we will have a whole bunch of new wonderful memories to make taking our kids on field trips, etc. :) And maybe our boys will be good friends.

Jen DelRosario said...

PS. I really missed you... it's been way too long.

Whitney said...

Aw!!!! (sniff, sniff!) Ditto!!! :)

DJ said...

What wonderful writing skills. Do you write profe$$ionally?
If not, please consider it.



Powered By Blogger