Tuesday, September 30, 2008

All at once...

I have come to realize something about my life in recent days: nothing ever happens that it doesn't happen all at once. This is a strange concept, but one I am more and more convinced of with each passing second. When I worked in the mall at a store called Bombay, it was eerie how this theory would play out regularly: absolutely no one would come into the store, but when they did, without fail, they came in hords. Everyone working there knew it to be true, but no one understood why...mind boggling. And while this life concept suits my all-or-nothing personality just fine, I have recently entered the theory into my "I don't have a friggin clue why, but it's true" belief system. Why recently? Thanks for asking, I'll tell you why. Since Zack and I moved from Spring Hill with thoughts of becoming missionaries or buying a house and having lots of babies or even just finding jobs, we went through a season of, well...nothing. It took months for Zack to find a job, the missionary option didn't seem to be panning out, and we lived with my parents for almost 8 months. I couldn't find a full-time job, we wanted kids but it didn't seem feasible, we needed a new car but couldn't afford it (we only have one), I was wondering what kind of writing job I could get with my journalism degree without actually having to report...none of our dreams--no, nothing at all seemed to be happening. It was a waiting season. We were at a stand-still, looking at God, going "We're ready when You are!" Then, all at once it seemed, and just at the time it looked the least like God was going to move...BAM! Zack gets a permanent teaching position, we move into a new place, I get a writing job that allows me to work from home and still work on the business from home, we fall into the process leading up to adopting 2 little boys, we are now looking into making an offer on a house, and this week we were looking at buying a new car! I am seriously overwhelmed by the whole sense of newness my life has taken on--grateful for all the positive changes and still having to lean on God, just like I was in the waiting season, because I can't possibly handle the madness of all the new things without His grace and guidance. It's just crazy, though, how it all came at once, after such a long period of nothingness. The only thing missing now is for me to get pregnant and us to buy a dog (the first of which hasn't happened, by the way, and the second never will).

8 comments:

gaby said...

Oh Whitney I am so happy for you! Where are you adopting from? (If you don't mind me asking) Going through the adoption process (with my sis) was so exciting! They are in process of adopting a girl from Ethiopia now.(waiting for the referral) I'm also happy to hear of all the positive things that have recently come your way! Congratulations to you and Zack!
You deserve the best! gaby

Anonymous said...

Love ya babe...

Zack

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited!!! God has an amazing plan and I can't wait to see it unfold:) love u-mandy

Anonymous said...

I also like to post things twice....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Whitney said...

Thanks Mandy and Gaby...we're so excited it's ridiculous...we try to be reserved as far as our emotions go, since things are not finalized yet, but we can't really help it. Just keep praying for God to do what He wants! Love you!

THE MORRISON'S said...

Wow Whit...what an encouraging and uplifting blog. I'm so happy to hear of the outpouring of blessing during this season of your life.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm definitely interested in hearing more about the adoption decision!



Powered By Blogger