Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wonderful World of Wii


Well, I just got back from recording my lines at the studio. It was awesome! I was so nervous at first, especially since I got to hear the girl read lines before me, and she seemed really good. Can I just say I love my brother-in-law? Not only is he the coolest guy in the world, but he is also the sweetest guy in the world, always treating me like a little sister. Anyway! Here comes the funny part...after I was finished reading lines for Sadi, they asked if I could read a couple of lines for another small character. John, the writer of the game, asked if I could try to sound different. I, jokingly of course, asked if she should have an English accent. I started laughing and he said he wanted me to try it. I almost freaked! I was like, "Uh, no, I was just kidding," and he said to please try it. I kept thinking about the way Mandy and I used to talk back and forth with our fake British accents. I tried desperately to pretend Mandy was in that liitle recording box with me, and...they actually kept it! Then, I did a character in a southern drawl, one in a valley girl voice, and the last with a "goth" sound, whatever that means. It was so fun, and now I'm about 5 characters on the game! I can't believe they actually paid me to do it! More great news per John..."they" love what they've seen already, and have okayed a sequal already! Which means...I might get to do it again! Anyway, it was a frickin hilarious experience (hilarious they thought I was any good!), and I'd definitely welcome any big offers from Disney or Nickalodeon ;) (And, yes, that is the very chair Mr. Travolta sat in, and the microphone he used!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I can't wait to see the game and here your southern voice!

Meghan said...

wiitney, that is so hilarious and exciting! you're a superstar...there'll be no living with you now.

Anonymous said...

I'm married to a celebrity. I have to make sure to get your autograph when I get home tonight. I can't wait to play the game!

Zack

Unknown said...

So if they ever need my ghetto voice you let me know. That is so funny!

Anonymous said...

Love the fact that you had to invision me to succeed!! Lots of people find that helpful:)Mandy

Green Eyes Girl said...

When you say John do you mean Jonathan Browne the Producer of Gorilla? Is he on one of the photos?
I'm happy it went well and to know that the game will have sequels.



Powered By Blogger