Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Diary of a Marathoner-in-Training: Week 1

I think I underestimated just how out-of-shape of am. My first week of marathon training was kinda hard, and I wasn't very consistent. When we started training, we were in Georgia, so we were a little out of our element. The first day we jogged in the McGinnis' neighborhood. I thought I would die...literally. Zack had to encourage me to keep going...this may put a strain on our marriage =D. I thought surely we had gone a couple miles...turns out it was only .6 miles! Yikes! The next day we didn't really make time to exercise...oops! Wednesday we played basketball with the kids for a while, and I was so winded afterward that we just took a short walk later and called it a day. Thursday was our drive home, and we left early and got home late, so we really didn't have time to run! (Not off to a good start, I know!) Friday Zack was on a mission to get me back on track, so I walked/jogged for about 45 min while he ran, and I was hurting. Saturday I felt much better--ran a mile straight, then walked about a half mile. Sunday was my day off, and yesterday was supposed to be the start of my new week...yah. So, I had a ton of work to do with DUI after being out of town for a week, and just got busy working and didn't get finished until about 9pm last night. I know...I'm full of excuses! Zack laid a big guilt trip on me, so today was my day. I ran 2 miles and walked 1 mile, and I didn't feel too bad. This is where I'm hoping it'll get easier as I run more. Anyway, now I'm journaling about week 2, so I better wait until my week 2 post to do that! Let me know if you wanna do it with me! I talked to Mandy today, and she's going to do it too! We are gonna be marathoners in just 6 months! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're doing a really good job! Love you.

Zack



Powered By Blogger