Wednesday, May 16, 2007

God's Poem

This week I thought I'd share a poem I wrote for my creative writing class in iambic pentameter. I'm always wary to post my poetry and short stories on here. I guess it goes without saying that this is copyrighted material, people, and that all rights are reserved. =)


God's Poem

Come, come, my dear, and rest your weary mind
And dream about another place and time
I’ll hold your indiscretions; hold my tongue
Come, come, my dear, such pleasures we shall find

Dream, dream, my dear, but not as in the past
Please do not breathe a word of what will last
For colors never fade, nor lights grow dim
Dream, dream, my dear, the world is sleeping fast

Dance, dance, my dear, for you have stood too long
Your melody has burst forth into song
The freedom that you crave you now control
Dance, dance, my dear, there’s footprints on your soul

Rest, rest a while and find your solace here
For winter’s long, but spring is drawing near
And peace is but a moment far removed
Come dream and dance and rest a while, my dear



If you think this poem is kind-of sing-songy, blame the iambic pentameter, not the author=) Lemme know what you think.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

beautimous, dear sister! :-D



Powered By Blogger